Butlr is on a mission to make the built environment people-aware. Think about it: we live and work in houses and buildings that aren't really aware of their inhabitants. As a result, we heat and cool spaces when no one is in them, we clean areas that haven't been used and lease office space that we don't ever use - 40% of office space was un-utilized, and that was before the pandemic.
Our Vision is to enable smarter buildings and an increased quality of life by making spaces people-aware without compromising privacy. Our founders spun us out of MIT in 2019. We use thermal sensors to accurately and anonymously capture insights on human presence and activity in space. We are backed by top tier VCs like Founder Collective in addition to world class angels like Scott Belsky (CPO, Adobe) and the founders of Whoop.
We work with household names consisting of major owners, occupiers and service providers in corporate real estate, as well as with senior living providers for remote patient monitoring applications. We are experiencing massive growth and are scaling accordingly. We are a remote friendly company with a culture that values collaboration, excellence, innovation, humility and a ‘get it done’ mentality.
About the position
Our sensor suite generates near-realtime data across thousands of sensors. You will be part of the Algorithm team developing the next generation systems to operate at scale, adding structure and efficiency to the systems we use to parse this data with first principle and machine learning based algorithms.
Our Algorithm team is composed of three applied scientists and two data scientists. This role requires an engineer with strong architecture, development process, and mentoring skills. You will work with the team to develop architecture, best practices, CICD pipelines, Hardware in the Loop tests, improve existing algorithms and develop new ones.
- You have an expertise in C++ programming
- You have a strong proficiency in at least one scripting/functional language: Python, Bash and/or C
- You have 4+ years of experience in software development
- You have experience with CI/CD development and associated technologies
- You have experience in container based architectures: Kubernetes, ECS, Docker
- You have experience in microservice messaging: Kafka, MQTT, Kinesis, SNS
- You have experience working in IoT and embedded systems
- Contribute to and improve the architecture and scaling of the technology that drives our system.
- Mentor the team in software development best practices and be an exemplary practitioner.
- Own the design and development of modules that make up the technology that drives our technology.
- Develop testing infrastructure for our system level automated tests that integrate without CICD pipeline. This will include significant improvements and additions to our automated tests, developing metrics for code coverage and feature coverage.
Location: This is a remote position, however we have locations in San Francisco, Boston and North Carolina.
- World-class team with low ego.
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2022
- A work environment that is flexible
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Premium / Gold Medical, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage for employee and dependents.
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
$165,000 - $195,000 doe
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.