Butlr is on a Mission to make the built environment people-aware. Think about it: we live and work in houses and buildings that aren't really aware of their inhabitants. As a result, we heat and cool spaces when no one is in them, we clean areas that haven't been used and lease office space that we don't ever use - 40% of office space was un-utilized, and that was before the pandemic.
Our Vision is to enable smarter buildings and an increased quality of life by making spaces people-aware without compromising privacy. Our founders, recently named Forbes 30 Under 30, spun us out of MIT in 2019. We use thermal sensors to accurately and anonymously capture insights on human presence and activity in space. We are backed by top tier VCs like Founder Collective in addition to world class angels like Scott Belsky (CPO, Adobe) and the founders of Whoop.
We work with household names consisting of major owners, occupiers and service providers in corporate real estate, as well as with senior living providers for remote patient monitoring applications. We are experiencing massive growth and are scaling accordingly. We are a remote friendly company with a culture that values collaboration, excellence, innovation, humility and a ‘get it done’ mentality.
About the position:
Butlr is looking for an experienced and highly self-motivated Head of Customer Success to help in building our Customer Success and Support organization from the ground up. As an early member of our sales team, you will work closely with the Head Of Sales and supporting sales functions to onboard, expand and renew customer opportunities. The ability to support current business while setting the foundational needs and processes of this organization will be paramount to functional success. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a formative role in a rapidly growing team with a strong, unified mission. This role reports directly to the Head of Sales.
- 8+ years of overall Customer Success experience, ideally in a SaaS software, prop-tech or IOT environments
- 5+ years of previous experience managing a team of Customer Success Managers.
- Successful track record of hiring and training a Customer Success team from the ground up.
- Successful track record of building and implementing Customer Success processes and success metrics at an organizational level.
- Experience in working collaboratively with functional teams and deploying/allocating the appropriate resources to enable and support our customers and partners.
- Ability to actively manage multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of building relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to influence
- Self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience selling in the proptech, CRE or Facilities Management domain preferred but not a requirement
While there will be a lot of detail and initiatives underlying these, fundamentally we’re looking for someone that can achieve the following objectives with regards to Customer Success and Support.
- As the first member of the Customer Success team; you will develop and implement processes, tools, and programs to help us deliver increasing value to our customers and become more efficient as a business.
- Build and refine a Customer Success playbook that includes all processes and workflows that a Customer Success Manager would follow
- Hire and lead an ambitious team of global CSMs who can drive the current success and future growth of our enterprise customers in a high touch operating model
- Deeply understand our customers, their use cases, and how Butlr drives business value.
- Escalate issues that are blocking successful adoption and value realization, rally the organization to support and resolve as soon as possible.
- Build and maintain deep and wide stakeholder relationships within the customer and partner network.
- Identify upsell opportunities and work closely with the Account Teams to facilitate customer growth.
- Accurately forecast your team's renewal business for current and future quarters.
- Identify client challenges and risks, proactively develop solutions, and execute alongside Sales, Product, and Support to avoid churn.
This is a remote position, however we have locations in San Francisco, Boston and North Carolina. Close proximity to these locations is preferred, but not required. This role will require travel to industry events and partners.
- World-class team with low ego.
- Founders won Forbes 30 Under 30 distinction in 2021
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2022
- A work environment that is flexible
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Premium / Gold Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.