Butlr is striving to make the built environment people-aware. We have developed a breakthrough people sensing product and platform that uses wireless, thermal sensors to detect human presence and activity. Our product quickly and affordably understands the usage of space, while preserving the anonymity of human identity. Our product is incapable of capturing personally identifiable information.
Through the combination of privacy, ease of installation, time to value, and the lowest cost of ownership on market, our product is used by our customers and partners to provide spatial intelligence data and insights to make data-driven decisions in real estate. Added benefits include a reduction in wasted space, building-use efficiency, and a better employee experience. Senior living and healthcare settings are also using our product to increase wellness and the standard of care.
Butlr is growing quickly. Our implementations are growing in scale and complexity while more customers and partners are wanting to evaluate our product for their needs.
About the position:
Butlr is hiring a Fulfillment Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of order fulfillment and logistics. The ideal candidate will operate as a player/coach to build and develop the order fulfillment system, including managing the efficient movement and coordination of product parts and materials with Sales, Field Application Engineers, and Manufacturing. This role will ideally and eventually hire, train, and manage a fulfillment team.
The Fulfillment Manager will order, track, and maintain inventory for all supplies associated with fulfillment and establish and implement department performance standards through key performance indicators.
This position will be an individual contribution who conducts hands-on inventory counts, is focused on exceptional customer service, and ensures attention to detail. The Fulfillment Manager will investigate and resolve all order related discrepancies, including root cause analysis and communication to help prevent future issues. This position will manage logistics processes to identify gaps, improve service level and efficiency, standardize processes and drive down costs.
- 2+ years experience owning order fulfillment in an ERP
- On-site daily in Burlingame, CA HQ
- Manage and track product shipments, ensuring the accuracy of our inventory, both physically in our office and in our computer systems, and being hands on picking, packing, configuring, and shipping our product
- Communicate with Sales and Customer Success regarding inventory levels and lead times to ensure all orders are filled and backorders are communicated to customers
- Work with Manufacturing to ensure sufficient material supplies are available to meet forecasted demands
- Schedule all freight for outgoing and incoming shipments
- Perform final configuration in order to fulfill custom orders, including final QA
- Lead problem resolution activities to insure timely deliveries to customers or address customer fulfillment issues
- Utilize the Odoo ERP system to facilitate the scheduling of all Sales Orders and stock transfer orders from multiple locations
- Lead the implementation of continuous improvement methodology (Practical Process Improvement) and leverage Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve Order Fulfillment and the overall team performance
- Contribute to the achievement of customer-satisfaction driven key supply chain metrics, including, but not limited to On-time Delivery, Order Fulfillment Lead Time, Back-order reduction targets, E&O reduction target
- Have strong oral and written communication skills and proven relationship building and collaboration abilities
- Clean up all work areas and equipment at the end of each day
- Assist other departments with duties as needed and assigned
- Lead, coach and develop Order Fulfillment team, driving enhanced team performance
The ideal candidate is:
- A natural problem solver and able to communicate with customer and internal stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently, and be proactive in problem solving
- Creative, adaptable, extremely organized, curious, and responsive
- Thrives in details to understand our product system and apply it to scenarios
- Embraces and lives our core values:
- Teamwork and low ego: We value collaboration and humility. We are willing to change our mind and be proven wrong.
- Innovation: Creativity at speed, whether in technology or solving problems
- Ownership and Accountability: Own opportunities and failures
- Excellence: Get a lot done while holding ourselves to a higher standard.
- World class team with low ego
- Founders won Forbes 30 Under 30 distinction in 2021
- A work environment that is flexible
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.